Live.Love.Laugh

Live.Love.Laugh

Monday, March 29, 2010

20 years of Struggling




Think Creatively

one of the creative elements in my collage would be the drawing in the left hand corner.
I think this is creative because it symbolizes many things. Such as: the lost boys journey, the conflicts they faced in Africa and their hope for a better life. The bits of crumpled green paper by the American flag shows "the grass is greener on the other side" These pieces of paper add texture to the collage. Another creative element on my collage would be the splitting of the collage into two main ideas. The two main ideas are the two sides of Africa. The left side is the side of hope,culture and happiness. The feeling of happiness is symbolized by the pictures of children-they have so little yet they are contented and happy with what little they have. The right hand side is the side of war and misery. This side has pictures that show what the Lost Boys were seeing daily-the tragic effects of this civil war.


Reason Critically

The images and Text I selected are images that I think symbolize the Lost Boys journey.
Images such as the three pictures on the right hand side show the shocking affects of war. Pictures such as these ones allow people to visualize the Journey of the Lost Boys and what the Lost Boys see daily-Images such as the three on the right, except in real life not just on paper.
Allowing people to visualize the Lost Boys struggles means that they can know the full impact of the war and have a deeper understanding of the situation.


Communicate Effectively

My collage creates awareness for the Lost boys and the war in Sudan because the pictures show the truth and reality behind this 20 year old civil war. Some of the images are very powerful, and symbolizes the harsh times the lost boys have gone through. People will be aware of the struggles in Sudan and will know that this is a country in crisis that needs help. My hopes are that the viewer feels empathy for the Lost Boys and will want to help because they were affected by the images.Also, I hope that my collage will be powerful enough to get people to take action.

Live Ethically

Whilst looking at my collage my hopes are that people are now aware that the war in Sudan is a serious issue and that they decide to take action. The images would provoke an emotional response because many of the images are hard to look at, however this is the reality of the situation and I hope the viewer realizes this and that they don't just sit back,but are actually moved enough to take action and help the Lost boys. I think that I displayed a good visualization on the Lost Boys journey and that this will create some empathy from the viewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment